RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New addition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> ZXR and Modern Sports Kawasaki
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkey501
World Champion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: New addition. Reply with quote

Just picked up this nice H1.

It needs a few touches to make it even better. For the year the bodywork looks very good, with a few "rub" marks where the knees have touched when riding.

I will be changing the forks as these are pitted and have damaged the fork seals.

Also the alternator belt needs changing.

Oh and there is a section of chain guard missing near where you foot would be.

Motor runs sweet, and with 34,000 I think pulls well and is sooth.

Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, all green would be better though imo.
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a cracker of a Kwacker ..!
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Jay. A mate of mine was a huge fan of ZXR750s of that era and had 3 - a ZXR750J in metallic blue, a ZXR750L that was frankly a bit of a dog, and ZXR750K (the WSBK homologation special with flat slide carbs and adjustable swingarm pivot) with a Scott Russell paintjob.

The K was absolutely bonkers, and felt like a two-stroke on steroids. From what I recall the H1 was quite a hard-edged machine, that got diluted a bit in subsequent models.

I'm sure you've got yourself a fun toy and an appreciating asset there...
blinkey501
World Champion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangocrazy wrote:
Nice one, Jay. A mate of mine was a huge fan of ZXR750s of that era and had 3 - a ZXR750J in metallic blue, a ZXR750L that was frankly a bit of a dog, and ZXR750K (the WSBK homologation special with flat slide carbs and adjustable swingarm pivot) with a Scott Russell paintjob.

The K was absolutely bonkers, and felt like a two-stroke on steroids. From what I recall the H1 was quite a hard-edged machine, that got diluted a bit in subsequent models.

I'm sure you've got yourself a fun toy and an appreciating asset there...

Not too keen on the later models Graham.

I have been looking out for a fairly decent H1 or H2 for a while and viewed three or four?

I like it when I turn up and they don't even clean them. I managed to knock off a couple of hundred off the asking price, but I will be spending that to get the bike mechanically sound.

The body work is "Nearly" there. But I would imagine that knowing myself it will be having a trip to the painters.

I feel a full resto coming on.....
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the values of early ZXR750s are about to really take off. It's scary to think that the early ones will be 30 years old soon...

I prefer the slightly more rounded look of the later ones, but can completely understand why you wanted an H1 or H2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> ZXR and Modern Sports Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: