RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prept for hols.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjdugen
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Prept for hols. Reply with quote

A slightly jaded, Hi all.

Saturday, rode her down to Halfrauds for some oil, get it nice and warm ready to drop old and in with the new.
Coming back, stopped at some lights, van driver behind pipping his horn and gesticulating. I had been doing nothing more than bimbling, so it wasn't my driving causing him concern. He lept out and pointed to my rear... tyre that is. Slowly going squishy. Nice shiny nail.
Wheel out, thought I'd clean up the years of crud and paint damage. Noticed that there were a deal of paint bubbles, under the bubbles.... lots of alloy fur.
Not structural, it all came off with a bit of wet n' dry, but definitely best not left for too long! Gave it a quick, then not so quick spray of paint, found a Vauxhall grey that is a very good match.
Oil changed. Well over-filled. Now three quarters up the sight tube, level marked just to check any consumption.
New tyre this morning, so much for this months budget.
Next job on the list was, yes, the side-stand. I have enough spare Fireblade bits that I could probably build another one. But, a closer look had me remembering that I had this on something in the past. Long story short, 3 M10 washers behind each bolt stands the stand out far enough to give a more secure lean angle. Might add that I have also wound up the ride height on the Mille shock and this has helped.
I'm starting to get a bit intimate with it a little too quickly, but at least I know which spanners to take with me!
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You certainly need a sense of humour if you own a Falco.....
Love/Hate all the way
Good to hear of a colour match for the wheels, that's a job I need to do ages ago !
ps Spot on to the van man
jjdugen
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sense of humour becoming severely dented. But, onwards and upwards.
Mines an '03 red one, with grey inserts on the seat side panels. The match I found was a Hycote (Damn good stuff) XDPG704, Peugeot Iron Grey Metallic.
(Sorry, thought it was a Vauxhall colour...) if that is of any use to anyone.
Greg
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been grinning since day 1.

Just sayin' ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: