RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

57mm Throttle bodies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper 2:2 is also popular amongst those on AF1.
The High end systems go for that arrangement - now my memory might be wrong but I think the Tigcraft and the full-banana Arrows system are like that.

I'd have to refresh my memory as to the benefits - might have been better top end but with better mid-range than an unmodded 2:1.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
redratbike
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are so wrong yet work so right funny that ..the dyno doesn't lie
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about this thread until redratbike revived it. My Falco still has the full length 2 into 2 system (i.e each cylinder has its own pipe and can with no siamesing or balance pipes) and a couple of years back I added a chip made by Ed Elliott (Forza Italia) specifically for that exhaust layout. Map 1 was for standard airbox, Map 2 was for aftermarket airbox (or lack of); i.e. Renegade, Aprilia Peformance etc.

Initially I used it on map 1 and was mightily impressed with the improvement in grunt and top end, but felt that it was very 'raw' and aggressive in its delivery. It was also lumpy and hard to use at small throttle openings.

After talking to Griff Wooley I took it into his emporium and had one of his open airbox kits fitted and the CO levels set correctly. Map 2 was also connected up. Griff said the CO levels were a mile out and I should notice a big improvement.

He wasn't joking... The first ride I took after Griff's fettling was a revelation - smooth and predictable low speed running, way more grunt and torque in the mid-range and a proper top-end kick. I haven't had the bike dynoed (something I keep meaning to do) but I'd say the bike now has to be making 10-15bhp more than standard, with beautiful driveability at all revs. I should add that besides the custom headers the bike also has Akrapovic end cans.

I'll be keeping this bike for the foreseeable future...
redratbike
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correctly set up tb's and co levels make such a difference in these motors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: