RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The forces of order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: The forces of order Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcfOjTMtdWs

At work in Barcelona today for tge referendum
Dalemac
Midnight Rider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police just looking for a fight with their own citizens.

Bad times.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sickening, pointless.
What kind of example were they trying to set ?
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the ones that I know off and either from tge family or one of the many links we have going are:
Some family involved in some of the organisation have had to change phones
The wif^s Facebook messages are nysteriously dissappear ing as she posts them
One girl gad her fingers broken 1 x 1
The mayor from the next village to my Bin L was injured by rubber bullets fired at men women and children
Old people were tossed out like rubbish bags
The catalan president was being followed by helicopter and did a fast and furious car switch under a bridge

Anyone working for the catalan government was to be charged with Sedition if they staffed the voting tables
At least one political party has been charged with Sedition after having tgeir offices raided
The EU has said it's an internal affair and advised the catalans to negotiate or face worse
The Mossos behaved well with the support of local demonstrators even to tge extent of being comforted by them when it got too much for tgem
BikerGran
Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw someone TV saying that many Catalans (Catalonians?) didn't want independence before but they've been so sickened by what's taken place that now they want to be free of the Spanish government too.

I don't understand why the referendum wasn't allowed to go ahead - after all, if it was illegal the government could have just ignored any result?

Terrible sights to see - not much was shown on the TV news but there have been a lot of photos and video clips on Facebook from people who were there. It was said that they were too bloody and too shocking to be shown on TV but I think people should see the real story.

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things like this shoe the manipulation by tge media in subtle ways from what you see when you see it and how you see it.
The BBC R4 this morning referred to 2.2 million people voting out of a population of 7.5 million

They neglected to mention over 750 thousand votes were stolen by tge spanish police. That tge voting population of Catalonia is 5.5 million

Numbers game maybe but poor reporting definitely
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Inquisition Mk2.
katie1
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having heard the King's speech, I'd be amazed if he hasn't strengthened the move towards independence. The complete disregard for the desire of a large chunk of the Catalan population, and the hurt inflicted on them by Spanish police forces, will make it very difficult to make any conciliatory moves.
BikerGran
Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flatlander wrote:
Things like this shoe the manipulation by tge media in subtle ways from what you see when you see it and how you see it.
The BBC R4 this morning referred to 2.2 million people voting out of a population of 7.5 million

They neglected to mention over 750 thousand votes were stolen by tge spanish police. That tge voting population of Catalonia is 5.5 million

Numbers game maybe but poor reporting definitely

Not to mention all the ones that were prevented from voting.

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the king of clubs and tge Madrid government everyone who didn't vote was because they were too scared to vote no because of the intimidation of the independentistas.

The BBC have kindly reminded us that every unilateral declaration of independence since tge second world war has failed. Citing Kosovo and northern Cyprus .
They appear to have missed a couple such as Rhodesia now Zimbabwe.

The EU have finally had a session to discuss tge situation and decided to sit on their hands.

The president of Catalonia has answered the king and said he will have dissapointed many people but tgat again the catalan government is willing to look for Mediation. This has again immediately been rejected by tge Madrid government
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: