RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oz wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Oz wheels Reply with quote

I'm looking at a set from an 06 Tuono R,to my untrained eye these look the same as early RSV ones that fit a Falco.
So, several hundred quid question,will these bolt onto my 01 Falco?
Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics?
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oz wheels Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
I'm looking at a set from an 06 Tuono R,to my untrained eye these look the same as early RSV ones that fit a Falco.
So, several hundred quid question,will these bolt onto my 01 Falco?

Not wishing to rain on your parade Paul, but I think that these are not the Droids you're looking for...

I think the 'real' Oz wheels were only fitted to the first 'rounded style' RSV and Tuono Factory models. The later, more angularly styled, RSV and Tuono R models were fitted with lookalike wheels that were not Oz but Aprilia make, and not forged but cast, meaning they are no lighter than standard. Somewhere on this site there is a full breakdown of wheel types and weights...

<edit> - this is the thread...

http://www.ridersite.ws/rs/viewtopic.php?t=10748
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Graham.
The whole thing looks like a ball ache to walk away from, yellow wheels, should have known it won't be easy
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argghhh Yellow Wheels = banana skin colour, there can you walk away now?
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is someone trying to sell you a set of yellow Oz lookalike wheels? I'm obviously misunderstanding something but I'd say that would be quite easy to walk away from

Are you in the market for a set of genuine Oz wheels then?
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the wheels from the Britten bike would fit admittedly the disks would need to be sorted out but I think they look great.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some real forged Oz wheels appear at the at the right time and price then yes, I will happily blow the housekeeping budget.
Those yellow things I was looking at were priced at 600 which may be a good place to start ( if they were the real deal ).
If anyone offers me anything yellow then there must be a discount of 599 otherwise I will have to force feed them Brussel Sprouts.
Yes, yellow was easy to walk away from. At first glance they looked gold which I could live with for a short while, zooming in on the pics revealed yellow with stickers so thanks helping me not make an awful internet purchase
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
If some real forged Oz wheels appear at the at the right time and price then yes, I will happily blow the housekeeping budget.
Those yellow things I was looking at were priced at 600 which may be a good place to start ( if they were the real deal ).
If anyone offers me anything yellow then there must be a discount of 599 otherwise I will have to force feed them Brussel Sprouts.
Yes, yellow was easy to walk away from. At first glance they looked gold which I could live with for a short while, zooming in on the pics revealed yellow with stickers so thanks helping me not make an awful internet purchase

Don't forget wheels are paintable so who gives a s**t what colour they are.
Dalemac
Midnight Rider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gio wrote:
fatboy wrote:

Don't forget wheels are paintable so who gives a s**t what colour they are.

I believe the oz wheels are anodized? Which would make painting them a bit more difficult.
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they're anodised blue. I had to get the anodising stripped before mine could be powder coated (blue wheels on a Flamingo Red Falco would have looked rubbish).
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangocrazy wrote:
Yes, they're anodised blue. I had to get the anodising stripped before mine could be powder coated (blue wheels on a Flamingo Red Falco would have looked rubbish).

White petrol tank? Fly the flag for the UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: