RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LED bulbs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tipper2
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: LED bulbs Reply with quote

I'm just about to get some quality garage time for the first time since last spring and looking to upgrade the lights.

These seem like a reasonable option and was wondering if anyone else had tried anything similar?

Nighteye 2X 72W 9000LM H7 LED Headlight Car Conversion Bulb White Beam 6500K KIT https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F371714456856

I had a search through older posts but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Another job will be to replace the cracked screen caused by plasterboard landing on it after I went through the garage ceiling.☹️
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well... now. I have exactly the same bulbs (or whatever they might be called) but couldn't get them to fit under the locating spring, and of course the fans stick out a fair way too.. Mine are still in the box.

There are still two designs for the fins on the fan cooled jobs, one that might fit under the spring but of course I have the one that doesn't. but I don't know whether the aluminium braided heatsink jobs are any different.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO you are better off going for an HID kit
No messing around and finding the bulbs won't fit, and no doubt that it is a massive increase in output.
The ballast box is smaller than ever these days and a kit can be had for a fair bit less than 50.
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted an HID kit to my F800GS back in the day ... after a year or to it had completely toasted the reflector.. Not entirely through heat, but with a lot of help from the stupidly high UV levels. Apparently.

Google HID burning reflector F800GS for a few good examples.
Tipper2
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered a single one for my FZR which I know has plenty of space so will see how much room there is on the Falco, I'll try and post a pic once I've done it.
Also got some led stop and tail lamps coming to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: