RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this Falco Pete's bike?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renevator
Track Day Addict
Track Day Addict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Is this Falco Pete's bike? Reply with quote

First off I've only just read the sad post regarding Pete's passing, so my sincere condolences to his friends and family.
On reading the post, I recognised the bike as one I've been looking at on eBay.

Is this his bike? I recognised it from the fairing scratch and Beowulf cans.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-Falco-SL1000R-Year-2005-FSH/222918727438?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

If so I'm guessing the bike is as brilliant as it looks. Apparently a chap called Chris bought it and is now selling.
I'm looking to get back on an Aprilia and am considering this and Keith's lovely red one.
In some ways it seems wrong to buy a bike that was the pride and joy of a former member, especially when they've been taken much too soon, but it does look like a beaut.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Petewould be happy to have the bike taken on and loved, far better a tribute to the man than it being broken....
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is Pete's.
I was looking for pics of when we met up for a ride - but can't find them.
However, looking at his Facebook account, there are pictures there and I'm pretty certain it is.

He was absolutely meticulous with that bike and went over it with a toothcomb when he was getting it ready to be sold. It'll be a great bike for a new owner - and Pete will be sadly missed but not forgotten.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: