RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinlock visor insert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Pinlock visor insert Reply with quote

My new lid arrived with one, I fitted it and wore it for the first time today ( apart from checking myself out int the mirror, it is a Rossi replica )
The top of the insert is just above my line of sight at piddling around in town speeds, when Im out on the twisties tyring to get on with it, head and upper body all lowered a bit the topof the insert is moving into my line of sight,below my line of sight, its a bit like having some HUD affair going on, distracting and annoying.
I tried to reposition the thing but it seems happy where it sits, in the bloody way...
May end up ditching it.... shame ,good idea twat to use
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, you are not really using it at the most appropriate time of the year.
In the cold and damp when visors fog up, I'll hazard a guess that you'll be very glad of it.
Why not get an additional plain visor for the summer and just swap them over as required?

Interesting that you mention a HUD. When I first fitted my HUD, I had it a bit low and the Pinlock seal cut across it. A bit of repositioning and it's great .... and no, it's not distracting.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Rider wrote:
To be fair, you are not really using it at the most appropriate time of the year.
In the cold and damp when visors fog up, I'll hazard a guess that you'll be very glad of it.
Why not get an additional plain visor for the summer and just swap them over as required?

Interesting that you mention a HUD. When I first fitted my HUD, I had it a bit low and the Pinlock seal cut across it. A bit of repositioning and it's great .... and no, it's not distracting.

Yes you are right about the time of year ect.
When it is cold and damp i will be riding a lot slower or being a pussy in the car with the heater on full blast.
As for something in your sight line that you are not used to, you learn to live with it or decide to live without it
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pinlock visor insert Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
My new lid arrived with one, I fitted it and wore it for the first time today ( apart from checking myself out int the mirror, it is a Rossi replica )
The top of the insert is just above my line of sight at piddling around in town speeds, when Im out on the twisties tyring to get on with it, head and upper body all lowered a bit the topof the insert is moving into my line of sight,below my line of sight, its a bit like having some HUD affair going on, distracting and annoying.
I tried to reposition the thing but it seems happy where it sits, in the bloody way...

Fallen for the Rossi, I won't be riding for ever cash grab con trick . Should have got the MM one it'll be higher up as he really tucks himself under the screen.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pinlock visor insert Reply with quote

Gio wrote:
fatboy wrote:

Fallen for the Rossi, I won't be riding for ever cash grab con trick . Should have got the MM one it'll be higher up as he really tucks himself under the screen.

It's actually an old old colour scheme and the lid was reduced in price but had I gone for the MM one would I be allowed to barge other bikes out of my way ?
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Spain, probably...
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pinlock visor insert Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
Gio wrote:
fatboy wrote:

It's actually an old old colour scheme and the lid was reduced in price but had I gone for the MM one would I be allowed to barge other bikes out of my way ?

He's adopted the Rossi tactic, works for one so why not another. Not sure if this works but will try a rather splendid t-shirt https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/n4Syhomd5K8qNW8A2Udmaj8d_XCnb9avvqLmPNDjmfJTPHPc5BqMfohl3lAzqtsS25iWYsJlSYFJBSvoLygoDXpRHU6H7l_pI_Vx8_A2IhRq3OnS5DyADkl3IzWFjgKs4a6HZbvNK4U5Pm0ohpDgbIvLs5ozeuuDUhT0nfFR1_Jw99p7VmpxGeol7cyHHZ7-hQait1KF7d5QhuqqtRKoJGB2hTMeHM2Uu-MW0lA=s0-d-e1-ft#https://dbcpu9gznkryx.cloudfront.net/public/sl-prod-od-0/images/retail-products/9A024E2F17A0F7/9A024E2F17A0F7-D8CD744F28BC-GS3-TC0-BLK/front/thumb.jpg

No it downloads a thumbnail but its a nice pic lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: