RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off on my hols

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Off on my hols Reply with quote

Just to let you know that from tomorrow, I'm off on my hols.

We're going to Portu-geezer-land. Sadly transport is a mixture of aeroplanes and cars but it'll be good to get to another part of Europe that we've not explored before.

So, please drink the bar dry of Port while I am away - but please re-stock before I get back (and try to avoid so much of it that Ridersite becomes the forum for the support of gout sufferers).

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even remotely envious...
I feel really great after soaking up all that rain, I have my own personal foot spa going on in my sodden boots....

Enjoy !
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Portugal and have been there loadsa times, and quite a few times on a bike - twice on my 350LC (it seized up on the way back one time, but in Spain) and once on my VFR.

Which part are you going to? My favourite area is in the north of Portugal, in and around Porto, Coimbra and Braga. I actually spectated quite a few times at the road race in Vila Real for the long-defunct TTF1 championship and watched Joey and Foggy win races there. And even got pissed in a bar with Joey!

If you haven't already tried it, you really must order a bottle of Vinho Verde branco (white), especially if you're eating seafood. It's not particularly alcoholic (10-11%), very slightly sparkling and delicious.
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your port is safe with me, I prefer Madeira as its not sickly. BTW where in Portugal are you going, not Albufeira I hope, as its not the real Portugal, its Portugals version of Benidorm.
DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great holiday Andy and Joy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Sam's Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: