RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've been busy ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: I've been busy ... Reply with quote

.... grrr....

but am still hanging on, by the skin of my teeth.

I'm walking reasonably well after my my moment of unforced horizontal motorcycling last year, and last month managed 1000 miles over the weekend at the Welsh Rally - which was a real blast!

Not much to report really other than I'm still halfway through my Factory RSV-R motor transplant. The front cylinder is finished, with the cam timing now set at 108/112 on the advice of the great Gabro himself, but I need to do the rear next.

I bought an RSV-R G1 rotor and stator from Mark up in Durham for fitting prior to installation, but those fuckwits at Hermes managed to lose the package which was irritating beyond belief. I did however manage to core a set of G2 RSV-R 'Racing' pipes, gutting them and replacing the massive internals with some 75mm stainless perf tube and a bag of Acoustafil wadding. They haven't been fitted yet clearly as the motor's not in either but they'll be a tad anti-social I reckon. After they got cored though I was offered a set of Ti Akras with link pipes for reasonable money and they're even lighter than the modded Racing cans! I'e also got an RSV-R oil tank, oil cooler and skinny belly-pan, and a set (I think I've said before) a set of 57mm TBs.

Other news - I got a set of Pirelli Angel STs from Demon Tweeks or somewhere - great tyres and good performers ...

Thats it for the moment .. hope everyone's ok out there in Falcoland!

Greg
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg, how did you degree the cams? Do you have some fancy vernier adjusters? Sorry to hear about your 'off' - are all the bodily parts now working pretty much as intended?

Hermes are the pits. I've stopped using them after they sent an item from Manchester with a destination of Sheffield and the parcel wound up in a distribution centre in Essex. Fuckwits is an entirely correct description.
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i bought that fucked falco motor last year to tear down but there really wasn't much to salvage, but it did yield all the cam sprockets etc., So i invested in some dremel 5mm chainsaw sharpening stones to slot the cams (which were about half a tooth out) and jigged up a dial gauge ... It's as fiddly as fuck but when it's right it feels great. When i did thd famous cam swap and adjustable cam wheel thing on my gsxr750 i managed to get it to 146 at yhe wheel..
It will be interesting on the Factory motor I think !
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I like a bit of home-brewed ingenuity...
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounding good Greg. Looking forward to the finished article.

I have had a set of Angel GTs for a while which I use for winter/longer distances. I think they are good and the STs are meant to be even better.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on yer Greg. Hope you and the project keep improving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: