RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The falco has landed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To have different options ?
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest a trial ride before making the decision ?
Some have made the decision to go down the 'bars over' route and then report more comfort but feeling less stable.
The Falco is fairly comfy to ride at lower speeds, it was marketed as a sports/tourer !
Do the sidestand, ditch the fucking awful shock unit,ride the bike and see how fucking good it is once you have overcome the two major manufacturer Fuck ups
Pan
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Rider wrote:
Pan wrote:
Haha , if I do cut it I promise it will be a sympathetic job done with finesse. Plastic welding and fairings are a sideline of mine, or I should say was a sideline until we produced another child!! But I still have the skills and gear (0;

I am torn between adjustable clipons & traditional bars but I definitely don't want a sports bike style riding position even if it is a slightly relaxed one.

Mark

I'm considering shelling out on a set of variobars to be a bit more sympathetic to my neck. They should give me the option to set them up in a number of positions.
The only problems are I want them as per their Falco ones for adjustability but with clamps for Ohlins forks .... and of course, their fearsome price.

What size are the ohlins, is it 51mm? I too have considered them but they are a bit expensive. I did however find an alternative ( very cheap too ) but they are only available in 50mm or 55mm but have tons of adjustability. My thoughts were that 50mm could be machined to 51mm but the easiest was for the 53mm legs, by using a 1mm thick not quite full circle shim to make up the 2mm needed for the 55mm clamps?

Mark
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say before that I've got a 'spare' cut down fairing ...??
Pan
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you didnt but if I do decide to go ahead I'll give you a shout, wouldn't mind seeing a pic of it tho ☺

Ta,

Mark
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pan wrote:
D-Rider wrote:
Pan wrote:
Haha , if I do cut it I promise it will be a sympathetic job done with finesse. Plastic welding and fairings are a sideline of mine, or I should say was a sideline until we produced another child!! But I still have the skills and gear (0;

I am torn between adjustable clipons & traditional bars but I definitely don't want a sports bike style riding position even if it is a slightly relaxed one.

Mark

I'm considering shelling out on a set of variobars to be a bit more sympathetic to my neck. They should give me the option to set them up in a number of positions.
The only problems are I want them as per their Falco ones for adjustability but with clamps for Ohlins forks .... and of course, their fearsome price.

What size are the ohlins, is it 51mm? I too have considered them but they are a bit expensive. I did however find an alternative ( very cheap too ) but they are only available in 50mm or 55mm but have tons of adjustability. My thoughts were that 50mm could be machined to 51mm but the easiest was for the 53mm legs, by using a 1mm thick not quite full circle shim to make up the 2mm needed for the 55mm clamps?

Mark

Yes - currently my standard Falco bars are shimmed to fit the Ohlins forks.
It works OK but if buying new, I'd prefer some that fit without the shims.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: