RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot recovery...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Foot recovery... Reply with quote

Well, the day came when my broken foot got fixed. On Wednesday I had 5 hours of surgery to un-heal, realign and fuse the bones in my right mid-foot.
surgical recovery was weird, but five days into the whole recovery process makes me realize that the next 10/12 weeks could go by very slowly indeed...
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you have had so much wasted time on a no fix....
Maybe get yourself one of those 'mechanics creepers ' so you can get in the garage and keep the weight off your feet.
flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May your god go with you - dave Allen ... And me
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the initial injury recovery was made tolerable by having a disability scooter - those little baskets on the front are remarkably useful. I kept it mostly to keep the kids amused but also for the -now arrived - surgical recovery. But, a bit like the proverbial London bus another one came up a couple of weeks ago. This one'sa full-on bona-fide wheelchair with decent (6mph!) motors and electrical tilt and recline, a 4 foot lift (very interesting while tilted and reclined) and individual leg lifters which is why I brought it as I need to keep the right leg elevated for a non-weight bearing 6 weeks.
No little baskets though which makes it a challenge for all the poo bags...
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm four weeks into this, and amazingly the foot is - and has been for some time - completely pain-free. The long term cast went on 2 weeks ago and I've got another two to go before I can get the fucker off and put a walking 'boot' on.

If anyone ever has a similar injury I can wholeheartedly recommend a brilliant gadget called iWalk.. essentially a strap-on knee crutch which takes the place of conventional arm crutches and frees your arms and hands so that you can do stuff without falling over.

Anyway - another couple of weeks and I can get back on two wheels, albeit in the shape of a 400 BurgerVan, but as a T&G I won't need to use either foot, and only one to hold myself up ..

Happy days.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed Greg !
Did the strap on come with a flameproof hood as that flambe looks a bit lively !
At bthis rate of recovery I'm gonna be needing to post those swivelly foootpegs off to you pretty soon.
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol ... I've still got to sort out the front end after the dickhead reversed into me, then there's the engine swap of course, and the PC111 and QS . ... I may have my work cut out to get this all done before the spring...

I suspect though that the BurgerVan will be the thing that stops me going stir crazy .. Independent mobility is something very easily taken for granted, and as I won't be driving - needing to to use my feet anyway - until January it's the only way I can get around without depending on other peeps...
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, your 'to do 'list may seem a bit ambitious at the moment but dude you are looking forward and your end game is in sight !
Keep on keeping on
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Greg
My son has a 400 Burgervan - It's not bad for what it is.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fats calling Greg !
Pm me your address and I will post the swivelly pegs to you.
I delete any sensitive detail that anyone p.m's me once I have used it, such as account details and addresses, what with being up there on the scale of Trump and the likes, I try to be a bit savvy !
Price ? I can't fucking remember what I paid for them so best of three, paper, scissors, stone !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: