RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isn't it Quiet !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to log in every day and see what people were doing, now it's a case of logging in once a month (if I remember).

Life just gets in the way...

And if anyone is interested, I still have a diablo red / black petrol tank needing a new home...
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Rider wrote:
mangocrazy wrote:
I can see there being a real shortage of panels before long, if there isn't one already.

Precisely why I get very pissed off when people talk of chopping up perfectly good fairings to make sit-up-and-beg Falcos.

Lol ... there's absolutely nothing wrong with that ! Although I'll admit to buying a pre-chopped one and saving my own for 'best' ..

G
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a lighter note, I was talking with the boss of Ultimate Parts today, and he is buying up all the end of life Falco stock from Aprilia. They are doing what most manufacturers do and are clearing out stock once a certain sell-by date has passed, and Martin is snapping this stuff up at fire sale prices. They are also buying up other dealer's Falco spares stock.

Martin is a big Falco fan and has just bought back a Falco he sold as a dealer in 1999 - the one that won a hill climb championship a few years back...

He also told me that someone has actually made up the tooling to reproduce the main (top) fairing panel, so we may be able to buy new panels again at some point. Now, if Aprilia could be prepared to sell the tooling for fairing panels they have to Richard Vanags it really would be Christmas, New Year and Birthday rolled into one...
D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangocrazy wrote:
On a lighter note, I was talking with the boss of Ultimate Parts today, and he is buying up all the end of life Falco stock from Aprilia. They are doing what most manufacturers do and are clearing out stock once a certain sell-by date has passed, and Martin is snapping this stuff up at fire sale prices. They are also buying up other dealer's Falco spares stock.

Martin is a big Falco fan and has just bought back a Falco he sold as a dealer in 1999 - the one that won a hill climb championship a few years back...

He also told me that someone has actually made up the tooling to reproduce the main (top) fairing panel, so we may be able to buy new panels again at some point. Now, if Aprilia could be prepared to sell the tooling for fairing panels they have to Richard Vanags it really would be Christmas, New Year and Birthday rolled into one...

That sounds good news Graham ...... other than the prices Ultimate Parts charge will bankrupt us if we ever need to buy any of it.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin did actually give an example of how Aprilia prices for a pair of crankcases are approx. £1200 but they would be selling them for £200, so it looks like certain big ticket items will be substantially cheaper. Doubt very much if that level of price reduction will apply across the board though.
blinkey501
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangocrazy wrote:
Are you effectively breaking one of the Falcos then, Jay? Or will parts from both go to make the track bike? It's always the cosmetics/panels that take the hit. I can see there being a real shortage of panels before long, if there isn't one already.

I'm holding onto the binned Falco Graham. You just never know if you need an engine of forks etc.
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkey501 wrote:
mangocrazy wrote:
Are you effectively breaking one of the Falcos then, Jay? Or will parts from both go to make the track bike? It's always the cosmetics/panels that take the hit. I can see there being a real shortage of panels before long, if there isn't one already.

I'm holding onto the binned Falco Graham. You just never know if you need an engine of forks etc.

Good move, if you've got the space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: