RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genuine Aprilia bellypan?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pan
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Genuine Aprilia bellypan? Reply with quote

I’ve picked up a bellypan from another forum, it was described as rough and I could see from the pictures that it had cracks. I presumed that it was made from fibre glass. On I it arrived I was surprised to see it was plastic with an Aprilia stamp but it had been repaired in a big way using fibre glass, hence the cracking. I can’t find anything on the net relating to a genuine item so I’m wondering it it’s been a chopped up RSV fairing??

Cheers,
Mark

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Falco was never delivered with a bellypan, Pan.

Post up a photo and we can probably identify it for you.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Pan
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how it looked before I started hacking all the fibre glass out.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm not sure ..... would hate to lead you up the garden path with a mis-identification.
Might be a son-of-frankenstein hybrid made from a couple of bellypans to fit a Falco and the glass-fibre being the stuff that holds it all together. It's not the Mille BP mod that is occasionally done - pioneered by Schlosser - and I think Paddy did one too. I've started one but never finished it!

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Pan
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest its got me a bit confused, I had thought that the numbers below the Aprilia might be a part number but nothing shows up when googled. I'm going to crack on removing all the fibre glass and see what I'm left with, I was thinking of using modified RSV fairing lower as like the way they look being longer and finish closer to the back wheel.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: