RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficult but easy ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me that you can't wait to get rid...
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="katie1"]And in a completely non-ranty aside, I put the VFR back to as stock as I can be bothered for the trade-in (replaced rear rack with grab rails, took the Arrow can off) and this included taking my Tomtom lead off.

So, as I replaced the battery leads after taking the lead off, the little nut that the terminal bolt screws into dropped out.

That was fine, I could clearly see it and I thought 'aha! The magnet-on-a-stick tool will be perfect!'

As I'm sure you're all aware as I now am, it's not a magnetic nut and said magic tool succeeded in pushing the nut right inside the battery case...

Cue, removing the tightest fitting battery in the history of tight-fitting batteries.
I knew you were gonna say that !
Phew, it's not just me
Finally got everything back in place, bolted the seat back on, realised I'd left the battery retaining strap off and had to take the seat back off, remove the daftest-designed battery cover again and replace the strap.

For some strange reason, all this made Fatboy leap to mind [/quote
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's that all done!

I am now a happy KTM owner, with a wild desire to spend even more money on stuff!

So, in the random hope that anyone knows any VFR owners, I have just stuck a few things up on Ebay:

Givi rear rack 1132FZ (unused) and M5 plate

VFR800 VFR1200 Rear Carrier 08L71-MJM-D10

Left-hand switchgear (replaced with a normal layout one)

Arrow Pro-Racing steel silencer/slip-on

Bagster black tank cover

All going for cheaps so if you know anyone looking for stuff, point them towards the Bay!

[/img]
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that you are luvvin the new ride then Katie ?
I did read some stuff on the UK KTM Forum that some found the earlier 1290's were just a bit too much of a handful !
I don't know what you have in the way of rider modes, my 1190 has none and the front wheel does like to depart from the tarmac under spirited acceleration
The KTM Forum is for info ect., but the quality of piss taking is far superior on here
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
I take it that you are luvvin the new ride then Katie ?
I did read some stuff on the UK KTM Forum that some found the earlier 1290's were just a bit too much of a handful !
I don't know what you have in the way of rider modes, my 1190 has none and the front wheel does like to depart from the tarmac under spirited acceleration
The KTM Forum is for info ect., but the quality of piss taking is far superior on here

Gosh, how rude, I never replied!

Haven't ridden the bike very much so far. Unfortunately, the previous owner had ignored the safety recalls and the bike shop didn't bother checking when they took it in on trade. So, that means the potential fuel pipe leak and disintegrating front brake are waiting for a fix with the KTM dealer (not where I bought the bike) before I start riding it properly!

It's definitely powerful but easy to hang on to The throttle isn't anywhere near as twitchy as my old Benelli Trek
Throttle (combined with the traction control) have Sport, Street and Rain, as does the damping.
So far, have found Sport for throttle response and Street for damping seem pretty good but I don't want to push it too much until the brakes are sorted (only done a couple of hundred miles so far).
Suspension is pretty lush compared to the VFR and I've only been bounced out of the seat on particularly rough roads so I might up it to Sports damping too

And yes, Ridersite seems to be the last forum hold out for good humour - everywhere else is either straightlaced American or bigoted bollocks (bit like being in a Bernard Manning appreciation club) so hang on in there folks!
BikerGran
Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katie1 wrote:

And yes, Ridersite seems to be the last forum hold out for good humour - everywhere else is either straightlaced American or bigoted bollocks (bit like being in a Bernard Manning appreciation club) so hang on in there folks!

I know of, and belong to, one other but it's been closed to new members so it doesn't deteriorate.

The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: