RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

barstard kewling fangs ..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: barstard kewling fangs .. Reply with quote

Well, mine exposed themselves as non-functioning on the way home from the MOT station when I saw 102C on the gauge..

Did the usual google trawling, checked thermal sensor, relay, relay contacts, feeds ... all were ok with voltage in all the right placed, but still nothing gettting to the fans.. The fans were ok with 12v straight from the battery, so it's a fault in the loom somewhere.

These days my CBA quotient is reaching deep into the RCBF zone, so I scotchloked a jump cable from the switched positive at the relay down to the LH fan. Fixed.

If ever I pull my finger out far enough to make a start fitting the Factory motor then I'll probably dick about with the loom as it requires - I think - the air cleaner box to come off ..

Fucking scotchloks - they're so shit but they work ..

G
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Greg some will wrinkle their noses at bush mechanics but if it gets ya running again when you really can't be arsed with the text book remedy.........
FTFPL....
fix the fucker properly later
Greg
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frame of mind failure at the moment I'm afraid - I'm sure that normal service will be resumed shortly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Falco All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: