RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you are all dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: If you are all dead Reply with quote

And unable to post anything on here does that mean I can have all your bikes ?
There is some well sorted Italian and Austrian metal out there that would look good in my yard !
Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that makes 3 of us who haven't been bored to death by UK politics
BikerGran
Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it could be that all the others are out having adventures on their bikes?
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why aren't they boasting about it?
Everybody chills at the end of the day, riding kit off,pours a big glass of beer/wine/gin/vodka/petrol......
and then boasts about it !
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done shamefully little bike riding this year, due to a combination of factors. Earlier in the year the weather wasn't great and when it cheered up I was up to my arse in brick dust, hammer drills, 15 and 22mm pipe and fittings...

For the best part of the last two months I've been doing all the prep work for a new central heating boiler, with the added complication that all the pipes have to be buried in the wall behind where the boiler will be mounted, and line up with the row of pipe tails (6 of the buggers) that are presented on the boiler. I'm just about ready for the C/H engineer to arrive for final fitment (next Friday) just as the weather starts to get cooler and rainier.

But I'm off to France in a couple of weeks, and the KTM will be coming with me and the cat in the van, so all is not lost...
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, if I must

Been up to my ears in work recently but we did manage 7 nights in France last month First time touring on the KTM and what a fabulous ride

Did a nice round trip: Reims, Dijon, Valence, Montpellier, Brive la Gaillarde, Le Mans and Camiers before heading back to Oxford.

Managed to avoid peage most of the way and stuck to the twisty bits. Did make an exception to finally go across the Millau Viaduct but that was worth it!

Lots of long lunch stop, good hotels, good food all the way round and a bike that didn't miss a beat. Comfortable, huge tank range, insanely fast when needed and just as happy on the motorway as it was on (what appeared to be) a goat trail that the satnav had listed as 'a bit twisty'...

I'd had the Cat replaced with a link pipe but have now been tempted by a Scorpion Red Power exhaust so that's on its way to me (along with a K&N filter) so the bike will need remapping when that goes on. Apart from that, the handguards, touring screen and gtank lock bag, I've hardly spent a penny on the bike!
BikerGran
Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Makes me nostalgic for the trips I took to Normandy and Brittany on various bikes/trike. In fact the first trip on my little Yam RXS100 stroker was how I came to join RiderSite! (a long ago incarnation of). Kwackerz saw something I'd written about it and invited me to join. I think that trip was in 1999!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=832909513393181&set=a.832909490059850&type=3&theater
Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shitty summer, looking after old people, becoming an international radio superstar and general apathy has significantly limited my mileage on the Falco this year
katie1
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BikerGran wrote:
Sounds great! Makes me nostalgic for the trips I took to Normandy and Brittany on various bikes/trike. In fact the first trip on my little Yam RXS100 stroker was how I came to join RiderSite! (a long ago incarnation of). Kwackerz saw something I'd written about it and invited me to join. I think that trip was in 1999!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=832909513393181&set=a.832909490059850&type=3&theater

Great pics :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: