RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intermittent fast idle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Intermittent fast idle Reply with quote

After a winter overhaul (plus heated grips fitment) the Futura STILL had periods of 3,000rpm idling. Everything nipped up properly - no air leaks, new gasket around the airbox, cables oiled and butterflies snapping shut). I fancy it's the idle adjuster stalling/skipping as it's consistently either ok or 3,000rpm. When the idles stuck open the bike won't accelerate properly - more like a 125.

Can I just blank it off or disconnect it in the short term? Due to be heading to France within days and I'm not about to throw money at more rip-off parts from Aprilia only to find it's not the problem.

And on that matter - I replaced the TPS with a Citroen Berlingo TPS for 8.99 rather that get the identical part for 145 from Aprilia. I can only assume the idle adjuster will similarly be a stock item also used on Fiat's/Citroen/Peugeot's of the same era).
KitchenSync
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Ha ha ha ha Reply with quote

I need to check but I think THIS looks like it from what I recall...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F221482824020

13.89 or from Aprilia #AP8124981 for 278.10

I think I'll buy a Japanese bike when the time comes - Aprilia deserves to die if this is how they treat their fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> Futura/Caponord All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: