RiderSite.com Forum Index RiderSite.com
[v4.2]

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Grief!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Good Grief! Reply with quote

It seems that I haven't posted on here since 2011, sorry about that
I've still got the Falco I bought new in 2005, 52,000 miles on her and still going like a train.

Like most of us I have idly browsed through Evilbay and Autoslaver and thought 'oh that would be nice' and then done nothing about it, but yesterday I actually picked the phone up, dialled the number and asked 'is it still available?'

Well the upshot was a deposit handed over this morning for a Triumph Tiger Sport

Have you got a trade in? he asked, 'Well maybe, I don't know if I want to get rid, make me an offer' ...

£800 he said So I told him 'no mate, I'll keep it'

So now I have the dilemma of keeping her as a second bike with nowhere to sleep, or sell

Dunno what to do, luv her to bits
I now, I'll go to the pub and oil my brain.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the Falco and buy a decent cover !
That was a piss take trade in offer
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said his boss would only offer £800 because it had a Powercommander & Nitron Shock, otherwise it would be £650.
But I'm very happy with the price of the Tiger Sport, it's virtually mint, with decent addons.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That offer really is taking the piss. I guess it's the mileage they're marking it down on, but that's still less than 5k per year. New bikes are costing 12 to 15 grand and a used Falco is only worth £800? Madness.
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangocrazy wrote:
That offer really is taking the piss. I guess it's the mileage they're marking it down on, but that's still less than 5k per year. New bikes are costing 12 to 15 grand and a used Falco is only worth £800? Madness.
Boils ya piss don't it. But it leaves me with 2 bikes if I can squeeze them both in.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy .... new in 2005 means it is one of the "newer" Falcos.

That price is not much different to a main dealer full service and a new set of tyres!

(just as well I tend to do my own servicing)

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a conman. I paid £3500 for my Blackbird 2 years ago and its a year older than yours.
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gio wrote:
Sounds like a conman. I paid £3500 for my Blackbird 2 years ago and its a year older than yours.
£3500? Ya wos robbed mate
But seriously I think blackbirds are great bikes and still worth a few quid in good order.
With the mileage on mine I'd be happy to get anywhere near £2k, but as I bought it new for £4995 in 2005 and had loads of fun on it, it doesn't really owe me anything.

spiderwheels
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same age and mileage as mine! (manufactured 2003 registered on an 05 plate). And still going strong (once the new shims are in
).

I can't believe how many older bikes there are on this forum with significantly less miles. Don't know what people are doing with them..

3 years ago with 38k it cost me just £1600 from a dealer so he's probably only expecting a grand for it at auction.
Gio
World Champion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wavey wrote:
Gio wrote:
£3500? Ya wos robbed mate
But seriously I think blackbirds are great bikes and still worth a few quid in good order.
With the mileage on mine I'd be happy to get anywhere near £2k, but as I bought it new for £4995 in 2005 and had loads of fun on it, it doesn't really owe me anything.

Its one of the limited editions, matt black and it had 19k on the clock when I bought it. IMO its well worth it a bike like that now new would be 20k
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you've all been on the edge of yer seats for the last 2 years wondering what happened to to my Falco.

No?

Well it comes as no surprise to me that I've still got her, only done 80 miles since picking up the Tiger though

I rebuilt my shed/garage so that both bikes sit next to each other, a bit of company is nice isn't it.

My idea was to ride one bike one week and the other the next, didn't happen, it's tiger every time. Still can't sell though.

fatboy
World Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you didn't sell to the piss taker !
Hopefully you will meet a potential buyer that you know will want he bike for the right reasons
DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the Falco but you'll love the Triumph. I had the earlier 1050. Rides like a sportsbike and will tour 2up for long continental trips. Bloody brilliant bikes. I like the 1050 Sport but I don't like the Triumph factory luggage. If you are going to load her up I would suggest givi or kappa top box and soft panniers.
The motor is awesome.
Enjoy
wavey
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavShill wrote:
Keep the Falco but you'll love the Triumph. I had the earlier 1050. Rides like a sportsbike and will tour 2up for long continental trips. Bloody brilliant bikes. I like the 1050 Sport but I don't like the Triumph factory luggage. If you are going to load her up I would suggest givi or kappa top box and soft panniers.
The motor is awesome.
Enjoy

In the 2 years I've had it, it's been touring in Brittany, Spain and 2 trips to IOM.
No fitted luggage, I use a 50lt Oxford bag that holds more than Mary Poppins' did.
And you're correct, the Tiger Sport is absolutely brilliant, in a few years time I can see another selling dilemma coming.

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't ridden my Falco for some time - the Futura getting much more use ..... but I jumped on it again the other day and it's been my ride of choice ever since. I'd forgotten just how amazing it it.

The only downside, of course, is the reason I bought the Futura .... the Falco hurts my neck too much.

As they say, there's no gain without pain.

“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RiderSite.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: